Do you have something to say?
Be a voice on Mommikin.com and inspire others!
A few guidelines for article submissions
- We’re looking for writing that speaks about life at the intersection of work, motherhood and creativity.
- It’s best if the articles are between 500- 1200 words, though we’ll make exceptions for particularly strong pieces.
- Submissions can be previously published (as long as we can get permission to republish).
- You will maintain the rights for your work.
- We may ask to edit your work slightly, but will always ask for permission first.
- We are not interested in general parenting articles — sorry! It’s us, not you!
If you have an idea for an article but aren’t quite sure, feel free to run the idea by us and we’ll let you know if it’s a good fit!
To get an idea of what we’re looking for, here are some articles we love:
1. Personal essays — we prefer a strong voice and point of view (funny never hurts either)
Dancer and actress reflects on returning to auditions after having her daughter.
2. Professional inspiration and advice
Children’s book publisher explains what she looks for in illustrators
3. Professional how-tos
Creative recruiter discusses how to present a digital portfolio
We look forward to reading your submission!